Media Production / Producer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Editor for post-production effort. Operates the technical production equipment for events. Possesses the skills to be able to work with the following production equipment: Cameras, lighting, sound and media production equipment.
- Supervise production and post-production editors and freelance personell as needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Media and team members to create strategies for promotional and product driven initiatives.
- Maintain and organize equipment in Media Studio and Equipment room. Ensure that all production and lighting gear are fully operational and ready for daily field and studio productions.
- Lighting related duties include: operating lighting systems, and maintaining production equipment as directed.
- Sound related duties include: advancing, planning, and staging audio set-up and testing and adjusting public address system.
- Media Production Equipment related duties include: operating video recorders and projection equipment.
- Ensures the safety of the technical crew and guests; ensures compliance with safety regulations and guidelines.
- Conducts preventive maintenance checks on technical production equipment. Identifies problems and repairs or replaces equipment.
- Operation of Video/Audio encoding and transcoding (file-based) hardware and software.
- Maintain a positive team relationship through both written and verbal communication, as well as accurately fulfilling needs and resolving problems accurately, on time, with high quality and a positive attitude.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Completing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program in media arts, communications, broadcast journalism, film/television production or other related field.
- Trade school, on the job training, or technical training in electrical, sound, and theatrical fields and 3 or more years of related experience OR the equivalent in education/experience.
- Mechanical repair skill/knowledge.
- A working knowledge of intelligent lighting systems.
- A working knowledge of sound re-enforcement systems.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative CC Suite, Microsoft and Mac programs, to include but not limited to, Word, Excel, Power Point & Keynote.
- Familiarity with video processing software, example, Adobe Premier, PhotoShop, Illustrator,
- Foster open communication; thoroughly qualified at expressing ideas and instructions
- Strong familiarity with video equipment.
- Strong familiarity with Windows and Mac environments.
- Must be technically literate and possess a strong understanding of video and audio.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Requires attention to detail, video, sound problem and root cause analysis.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with all personnel and clients
- Must be self-starter and able to work with general supervision.
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.